Sunday, November 28, 2021

L'orme au boulet

 "The elm with the cannonball" 
This was the most famous tree in Quebec City because it has grown around a cannonball. Sadly the city had to cut it down this year because it was too sick and was getting dangerous. 

C'était l'arbre le plus célèbre de la ville de Québec car il avait poussé autour d'un boulet de canon. Malheureusement, la ville a dû l'abattre cette année car il était trop malade et devenait dangereux.

I'm entering this in the November Sketch Challenge at Scrap Our Stash. I created my layout using the sketch and added a fall embellishment as required.

Je l'inscris au défi de novembre de Scrap Our Stash. Il fallait s'inspirer du sketch et ajouter un ornement d'automne.


This is the sketch I had to use. 
Voici le sketch qu'il fallait utiliser.


- Lucie

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty layout! Thank you for playing along with Scrap Our Stash Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The woodgrain is such a perfect way to highlight your theme! Great job! Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH NO! I didn't know the tree had to be cut down. I have seen that tree a couple of times visiting Quebec City. So sad... But I'm happy that you have been able to document it before it happened. Great job! Thank you for playing along with us and SCRAP OUR STASH - DT Gail

    ReplyDelete